Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I Don't Do New Year's Resolutions!

Good lord, why in the world would I?  I have enough opportunities for guilt on any given day, let alone making a special occasion of it.  Besides, it feels more like a set-up for failure than a motivator.  That's my opinion, of course, and you are completely free to agree, disagree, or be indifferent with it.  To it.  Whatever the correct grammar is.  (I like my sentences fragmented, thank you very much.) However, I happen to be in the mood for positive changes in regards to my life and artistic endeavors, so I'll float a couple of minimally stressful intentions (slash resolutions).


I will find a workspace in this house and actually set it up to work/play. So far I have used the holidays and settling into a new apartment to put off dealing with this problem, but now that Thanksgiving and Christmas are both over, and my kitchen and living room are pretty much functional rooms, I no longer have an excuse.  I have set up a desk in my husband's office with my printer on it, but I have my laptop here at the kitchen table; I have yet to actually go into the office to try it out there.  Why?  Doesn't matter, I could give you a hundred different reasons, none of them really good enough to explain it.  Time for action.  My work table for my artwork/sewing/felting/etc. is a 5-foot conference table in my bedroom.  At the moment it is covered with boxes, clothing, fabric, a shelf unit, and various other items.  I resolve to have it cleared off and functional by the weekend.  And probably sooner.  Strike while the iron is hot and all that.  


I will go find some inspirational stuff from the web to share here and take inspiration from myself.  


Last but not least, I am going to come out of my turtle shell and post a picture of myself with my profile on Etsy, Facebook, and here.  I am really phobic about having my picture taken, so this has taken me a long time to scrape together enough fortitude to do it, but I think I'm ready.  We'll see, won't we?


Just remember, these are NOT New Year's resolutions.  Hehe.  :-}

No comments: