Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Never clean a soupcan lid with your bare hands!

One would think by this age, I'd have a lick of sense.  And I usually do.  Just not today.

Fixing supper, I opened a soup can, one of those pull-top types, and as I always do, I took it to the kitchen sink to rinse it off before putting it in the recycling.  Something I've done hundreds of times without incident.  Ordinarily I use a sponge or brush to clean off the food, but I stupidly decided to use my bare hand to help things along.  WRONG.  Don't you know I cut the crap out of my index finger on my right hand, and bled like a stuck pig all over the place.  Scared myself silly.  I'm not afraid to see blood, but it came out so FAST.  Sheesh.  I even thought I might have to have my husband drive me to the ER for stitches, but I did manage to get the bleeding stopped, and I think I'm going to live.  Here's a funny aside: my DH cannot!!! handle seeing blood, his or anyone else's, so I had to bandage myself so that he wouldn't see me bleeding all over and pass out, which is something he's done a few times (don't tell him I told ya! he really doesn't think it's very *ahem* masculine to fall on the floor in a crisis, poor guy;).  


Lordy, lordy.  Can't do dishes for a few days (OH DARN!) or do much in the way of artwork or stitching or needlefelting or nuffin!  So I went to the library and got 4 books to read so I won't go nuts or watch too much TV.  Sigh.  Tomorrow's a busy busy day, too, so I think I'm going to hit the sack and catch some Zs.  


So much for catching up!  Oh well.  Could be worse.  Have a great day tomorrow folks. 

2 comments:

libbyquilter said...

oh my~!~ it really could have been worse but it sounds bad enough~!~ getting out of dishes = GOOD
more time to read = GOOD
so i guess it's almost all good~!~

:)
libbyQ

p.s. AND you can still blog = GOOD
:)

Wander to the Wayside said...

Hmmm. Accident, did you say? Sounds a little suspicious to me. Four books? Hmmm.