Saturday, September 5, 2009

Finishing what you have, and so on

Well, the week has passed swiftly yet again, and I am beginning to contemplate starting some new projects.  I don't know what they are yet, but I'm not worried about that yet.  I still have plenty of pieces that I have yet to finish in order for them to be ready for display, photographing, selling.  I have managed to sew backings and hanging loops on 3 bead embroideries this week, and I am proud of myself for this small accomplishment.  Considering the many distractions and impediments that have thrown themselves into my path in the past few days, I'm a bit surprised that I have been able to do this much!  

Girlchild, my 12-year-old granddaughter who lives with us, is in the throes of last-week-before-school-starts boredom.  Believe me, there is no one in this house who won't be glad to see Tuesday morning come.  She has filled several sketchbooks over the summer.  Her drawing is so incredible...she draws anime characters, and I kid you not, you can't tell them from the real thing, that is the ones in publications or in productions.  I've watched her do them from scratch, and I'm blown away.  I have to start scanning them so that she can put some up in my etsy shop, to sell prints.  Here's just one:
 Pretty good, eh?  Makes me wish I had tons of money and could send her to a great art school.  I'm so proud of her!  Okay, enough gushing.  Even if it is totally justified, lol!

Tomorrow I will be taking photos of the bead embroideries I finished off this week, and then I can share them with you all.  Right now, it's past my bedtime, incredible as that sounds.  I took some antihistamines and they're kicking my butt.  

Night, yall.

8 comments:

Wander to the Wayside said...

Holy moly! That's not just a talent, that's a gift! (Does this run in the family?) I think you need to talk to the art teacher at school (do they still have that?) and see what suggestions he has to nurture this gift.

Sarah said...

Great drawing! Hope school goes well!

libbyquilter said...

WOW~!!~ that is some impressive talent that your grand-daughter has~!!~ her sketchbooks must be wonderful to sit and page through~!~

:)
libbyQ

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

HI there, thanks for finding my blog and your comments. The pieces I did are NOT needle felted but look as though they might have been.
Everything was fused with fusible webbing before embroidering.
Your needle felted pieces are wonderful. I'll have to go check your etsy. Love the little fishies.
Your granddaughter's talents are VERY impressive! She's amazing and just in middle school? WOW! I don't think she needs art school, that would probably destroy her talent! Your really need to get her artwork on etsy.
have a great weekend.
cathy

Bonnie said...

yes, Linda, the art thing...is kinda a family obsession...thank you for your kind words about GC's drawing talent, she was thrilled to hear compliments from total strangers and grownups to boot! they have art, but only a for a 10-week term once a school year. wish it was every day for her, all year long. she has the same art teacher that her mother did many years ago...sheesh. that seems like last week too.

take care :)

Bonnie said...

thanks Sarah! so far school's going well, GC is glad to see her friends:) take care :)

Bonnie said...

thanks libby...you know, it's just been recently that she will share her artwork with me...for years she wouldn't let me see! go figure! take care and have a great weekend! :)

Bonnie said...

glad you came by, Cathy! ah, fusible web. it's been a few years since i played with that, it's on my gotta do some of that list.

good point about art school for my granddaughter. she's not fond of doing things by the book! come to think of it, i guess i know where she gets that! :D

have a good weekend and come again!